CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Target may be hazardous to your health

Apparently, things get dropped a lot in the warehouse in the back of Target.

Of the various horror stories that Glenn regales me with most days of the week are the following:

He was almost concussed by a falling box of helmets. He started hallucinating after a pine-sol spill. And my favorite to date, the great Soap spill of July, 2008.

G: "Yeah, and then the soap exploded"
ME: "How did that happen?"
G: "There was running, and screaming, people falling over."
ME: ... O.O'
G: "Yeah, it was awful, I had powdered soap everywhere, in my nose, my ears. But at least the truck smelled nice. This was after we had spilled some cans of Progresso soup, which, in a hot truck, is not as appetizing and you'd expect. So, that was a relief."

Or the time the entire truck was covered in maple syrup.
G: "This one employee even had a serious reaction to it [the Aunt Jemima's]. I guess you don't realize you're allergic to maple syrup until you're bathing in it."


**UPDATE** apparently they also once stumbled upon a hundreds strong plastic animal orgy. I want a new job.

0 comments: