CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Big Day!

Friday night I arrived home exhausted by a full run of 18 hours of awesome.

Work is still incredible, partly because it's so new, but partly just because it's NPR. In the afternoon, the acoustic, flamenco-influenced jam duo Rodrigo y Gabriela were on the fifth floor and they played a few songs for us in the middle of the office. Incredible. Will post video later.

After that goose-bump inducing performace, the rest of the afternoon flew by in a daze, utnil I was pulled fro my musical high by an offer of free tickets to the Shakespeare Theater to see Helen Mirren in Phedre. Of course I said yes.

I had just enough time to get off the bus, throw on some more appropriate theatre-going clothes, and jump right back on the bus to chinatown and the show. The performances were a little scattered, but that falls more to the director than the cast, and over all it was beautiful. Depressing, but beautiful.

And I get to do this every week!

1 comments:

Mateo said...

Wow, sounds exciting! Flamenco is the flower-in-the-mouth dance, no? May I suggest one without thorns?

In order to leave this comment, I had to pass a word verification test. The word I had to input was "dorsegru", which I have defined as "a not entirely delicious soup dish commonly consumed in northwestern Turkey."