CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Natty Hist

After an uneventful train ride--marked, however, by the first time I have ever been in New York City (or below it)-- I arrived safely in Washington, D.C. I took a taxi to Peter and Jessica's and promptly settled in to the spare room. I spent my first full day in the city cruising around on the metro and wandering aimlessly through the Museum of Natural History and the American History Museum.

I'm doing much of the same today, riding around town, trying to get used to being just another drop in a sea of 600,000.

First Impressions: Everyone in DC has incredible front yards, and it's not half as scary as I expected.

I'll upload the few photos that I took when I get the proper cord for my camera. Until then, I leave it up to your collective imaginations.

EDIT: Here are a few photos from my first day in DC
A prime example of lush DC front gardens :

A pair of foxes at the Natural History Museum:


Any my favorite, the bull elephant in the front hall:

0 comments: